When I turned 25 this past October, I hit a quarter-life crisis of sorts when it came to skin care. I’ve been washing my face every night since my teen years, but the extent of my beauty routine pretty much stopped there. There’s something about making it halfway to 50 (!) that makes me feel like I should start taking care of my body and really work on preventing aging as much as possible!
After some research and blog surfing, I came across a few new pieces to add to my beauty routine! My new nighttime routine looks a little something like this.
- Wash my face with my Clarisonic Mia 2. (I’ve just been using the cleanser testers that came with the pack, so if you have any suggestions for good ones, I’m all ears!) I love the feeling of exfoliating my skin, but have only been using the Clarisonic a few nights a week so I don’t overdo it.
- Toner (not pictured). I’ve actually been using an old Proactiv toner that I’ve had for a while, but am looking to upgrade once I run out.
- Time for masks! I use the Mega Greens and Moon Masks in order once or twice a week.
- Apply Lotus Youth Preserve Eye Cream under and above my eyes. So far this hasn’t been earth shattering, so I might look for a new solution once my tub runs out. I do like the way this one smells though.
- Line the top of my upper lashes with NeuLash. I’ll probably devote a whole post to this later, but guys – this stuff really works. I first tried it about a year ago and after being without it for a few months, I finally bit the bullet and repurchased it. It’s definitely an investment, but made a huge difference to my lashes and thus my every day happiness factor!
- Top it all off with the Givenchy lash serum. This stuff is kind of like a clear mascara of sorts, but it makes my lashes feel stronger and look shinier. I haven’t noticed a tremendous difference from it yet, but I’ll keep you posted!
- In the mornings, I’ll switch out my toner for an M-61 peel. Britt introduced me to these and I love them. They’re so fresh and tingly in a way that makes your face feel alive! These are also on the expensive side, so I tend to only do this 1-2 times a week to make the pads last.
I’m going to give this routine a little more time before I definitively keep or nix the products, but so far so good. I’ve actually found that the best part of this routine is having a routine at all! Having a longer nighttime routine feels like a little mini spa session before bed and makes me SO much more relaxed. It’s amazing what a little pampering can do for your attitude and self-esteem!
Do you have any skincare favorites? I’d love to hear them!
p.s. Glossier images found here.