I’m not sure if you guys knew or not but Monday was National Margarita Day, and after a stressful work day I felt obliged to indulge in a margarita to celebrate the holiday. Is it just me or does it seem like everyday is a “national” something day? National Cookie Day, National Pie Day, National Doughnut Day… you name it! Either way, I am not complaining because I do love a good margarita. I had my favorite places to go in NYC but I’m still on the hunt in Chicago so if you guys have any rec’s I would love to hear them! My number one right now is Bar Takito… so good. While I was in Florida last week my mom and I thought it would be fun to make some frozen margarita’s to have with our taco night. What could be more perfect that a frozen margarita, warm temps, and sitting outside by the ocean? Nothing, let me tell you. The recipe we used is superrrrr simple and takes, oh, about 5 minutes to make! You can play around with the measurements (like add in more tequila if it’s one of those nights) but ours was the perfect amount for four people. Also optional is adding salt to the rim of the glasses. These margs came out perfectly and were the perfect addition to our tacos and guac!
- 1 can of frozen limeade concentrate
- 4 fluid ounces of tequila (or more)
- 2 fluid ounces of Triple Sec
- 3 cups of ice (or more depending on how frothy you want it
- Add ice, limeade, tequila, and triple sec into a blender
- Use puree setting until ice is completed crushed
- *Optional- wet glass rim and dip in margarita salt